When the sun beams reach into our rooms each morning to wake us, we all hope to feel and live well. We hope our minds are kind to us with encouraging, happy thoughts. We hope our words uplift others and that, at some point in our day, we feel uplifted. We hope our hearts remain open to the unknown and our desire for control stays hushed.
But these don’t always happen and we don’t understand why. We, then, find ourselves back at home exhausted, frustrated, depleted and a little irritated by the ever-present rhythm of feeling stuck.
Wellness is a daily practice, but without systems of understanding, it can feel triggering: Why can’t I feel like that? She’s totally faking her wellness! Yoga doesn’t solve everything, Karen! I’m glad she’s soooo happy! *eye roll*
With your own personal system of understanding and approaching wellness, you can navigate tough emotional terrain, raise your vibration and shine more light out into the world (which, spoiler alert, will inevitably end up changing your relationships and what you’re attracting into your life).
My Wellness Confidence Checklist is a way to check-in with yourself on how you’re currently feeling about your wellness practice. The checklist will reveal to you the high and low points (the low points revealing your growth edges, or places where you can expand and deepen your practice).
Let’s see where we are.
Wellness Confidence Checklist by Sheena Jeffers
Instructions: Answer on a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being low / No; 10 being high / Yes – then choose the degree of how strongly you feel about each answer by using a number identifier).
- Do I grant myself personal time (more than 5 minutes) within each day to be alone?
- Do I permit myself time, space and funds to participate with my passions?
- Do I follow my curiosities?
- Do I invest in my personal development?
- Do I have a system that allows me to tap into my inner feelings, experiences?
- Do I have a system that allows me to soothe my nervous system during tense experiences?
- Do I embrace my masculine and feminine energy?
- Do I have a meditation practice?
- Do I have a journaling practice?
- Do I feel grounded and well established when communicating my needs?
- Do I have a compelling 180-day goal / mission / purpose for myself?
- Do I feed my body what it needs to thrive?
- Do I feel connected to friends?
- Do I feel connected to powers larger than myself?
- Do I enjoy the ebbs and flows of my unique life?
- Am I able to see the purpose because life challenges?
- Do I react in ways that are healthy for me to communication from others?
- Do I feel happy with the flow of my days?
- Do I feel supported?
- Do I feel energized about my future?
How did you do?
Take a look at your lower-scoring areas. How would you like to raise these practices? How would you like to participate more with these practices?
Your personal well-being is worth investing time, money, and energy into. Your physical body – your vessel – is worth paying attention to and noticing.
Use this checklist to continuously check in on your wellness practice. It’s important to note that everyone’s wellness practice will look different, and your practice will continuously change as the seasons of your life change. Honor your practice and honor the practice of others.
Reminding you that you are worth it and deserve balanced living!
You can download the checklist here.
Sheena Jeffers, MSEd, is a Wellness Lifestyle Coach helping clients design balance, boundaries and sustainable methods of flourish for their daily lives. Schedule a session with Sheena today and watch your life change!